The 8890 Gas Chromatograph (GC) System continues Agilent’s legacy as the provider of proven gas chromatography systems that deliver the utmost reliability and highest performance. As the most flexible and configurable gas chromatography system, the 8890 addresses whatever your specific analysis demands. When your results are critical and instrument operation is a must, the 8890 exceeds expectations for uptime and accuracy, every time.
The 8890 GC System features built-in intelligence that enables remote connectivity allowing you to monitor your system from home, office, or remote location. Autonomous and user-initiated system checks monitor system health, alerting you to potential issues and provides aids to help you quickly resolve them to maximize uptime Guided maintenance provides users with step-by-step instructions on common maintenance procedures. Sixth generation electronic pneumatic control (EPC) allows for autonomous diagnostic tests such a leak check and an architecture to protect against gas contaminants such as particulates, water, and oils, improving reliability and longevity of the system.
- The browser interface provides remote connectivity enables you to monitor your GC system, check system logs, and perform diagnostics tests, from inside, as well as outside, the laboratory.
- The full-function touch screen gives a visual report of the system configuration letting you update methods and sequences, perform maintenance routines, and check instrument status.
- Built-in intelligence autonomously monitors the health of the system, alerts the user of potential issues before they affect chromatographic performance, and offers helpful step-by-step guides to resolve issues.
- Unique 6th-generation microchannel-based EPC architecture provides a significant improvement in reliability and longevity against gas contaminants such as particulates, water, and oils, extending the life of the instrument consumables.
- Capillary Flow Technology (CFT) provides unique gas flow connections for multidimension gas chromatography (GC x GC/Deans Switch), comprehensive two-dimension gas chromatography (GC x GC) with flow modulation, and backflush at the beginning, middle, or end of an analytical column that are oven mountable and very low thermal mass.
- Single filament TCD that doesn’t require a separate reference gas, or manual potentiometer adjustment, yet provides a stable baseline with a minimal amount of signal drift commonly seen with valve switching.
- Autoranging FID provides the ability to detect and quantitate from percent levels to parts per billion (ppb) in a single injection.
- Sulfur or nitrogen chemiluminescence detector provides low ppb detection, equimolar response, and quantitation for sulfur or nitrogen contaminants without quenching from matrix.
- Cost-saving advanced electronic pneumatic controllers such as Helium Conservation Module, Hydrogen Sensors, and Alternate Carrier Gas Solutions, dramatically reduce the amount of helium used offering both flexibility and higher levels of safety in your laboratory.